Purchasing energy is a complex process that requires vast expertise as well as a thorough market monitoring. Here are some of the common mistakes that we come across in everyday conversations with some of our clients.
1. Automatic renewal/roll-over of contract with current energy supplier.
2. Entering the market and securing a contract at the wrong time.
3. Not understanding your energy consumption or load profile.
4. Making incorrect energy price comparisons – your energy contract is made up of several components that impact on your overall bill.
5. Not having an energy strategy in place.
6. Having a one-size fits all approach to your entire portfolio.