Interpreting solar and LED lighting quotes can be confusing. Here are some answers to questions that we often hear from our clients.
STILL NEED HELP?
STC – A Small-scale Technology Certificate is a federal government incentive designed to encourage homes and businesses to install renewable energy systems. The scheme can offer an up-front discount to those who purchase solar systems for their homes or businesses, to a maximum of 99.9 kW size. The certificates can be traded to an energy retailer or used as a discount from the total cost of the system. STCs are available until 2030 and their value reduces each year until the 2030 deadline. For example, if a solar system is installed before the 31/12/2019 the STC entitlement (value) would be for 12 years. This is an incentive to install a renewable energy system sooner rather than later.
LGC – A Large-scale Generation Certificate is the equivalent of one-megawatt hour (MWh) of net renewable energy generated by a solar PV system sized bigger than 100kW. LGCs are paid to the system owner depending upon the energy generated. Like STCs, their availability expires in 2030 with their value reducing each year.
1. Product warranty – The minimum warranty provided by our suppliers on solar panels is 10 years, although warranties can vary between brands. These warranties cover manufacturing defects on the product.
2. Performance warranty – This type of warranty ensures the solar system always performs to the standards it has been designed for, taking into consideration annual degradation and other factors that could affect performance. PV panels installed by our suppliers have a minimum performance warranty of 25 years.
3. Workmanship warranty – This warranty covers defects related to the workmanship of solar installers not following the Clean Energy Council Accreditation Code of Conduct. For example:
· faulty or poor workmanship such as faulty wiring and labeling, and
· the use of modules and inverters that do not meet the Australian standards.
As SES works with a wide range of partners, Energy Efficiency products can be purchased via:
2. Finance option
3. Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
4. On-bill finance
5. Upfront payment